The Commissioning & Service Engineer is responsible for the on-site commissioning of systems contracted from IHC SAS-Hytop. You will be responsible for solving defects and other services at IHC SAS-Hytop equipment at customer locations worldwide. When working at IHC SAS-Hytop premises in Sliedrecht and Alphen aan den Rijn, you will be responsible for inspections and developing commissioning plans for our products. With your knowledge and expertise, you will contribute to the different phases and areas of designing, producing, commissioning and deployment of our worldwide renowned equipment. You will coordinate and hands on execute commissioning and site acceptance tests for state-of-the-art hydraulic systems on board dredging and offshore vessels, in addition to installations. This will be done in accordance with the technical specifications and contractual requirements. After delivery, you will independently resolve defects and perform maintenance and repairs on complex hydraulic installations and equipment around the world. Daily reporting regarding progress and findings is also essential, in order for IHC SAS-Hytop to enhance our products. Within this role you will work abroad for up to four weeks at a time, and will report to the Service and Commissioning Manager.
Functie-eisen Commissioning & Service Engineer Hydraulic
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- a higher professional education (HBO or MBO) in mechanical, controls or hydraulic engineering
- at least three years of professional experience as a commissioning/service engineer on hydraulic installations
- experience in the maritime or oil and gas industry (advantageous)
- an affinity for heavy automated machinery and the maritime dredging and offshore industry
- offshore safety training, such as Opito Bosiet/Huet (or prepared to take a course in this area)
- an excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- knowledge of Microsoft Office, ERP and PDM packages
- experience working with PLC-controlled equipment
- excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently abroad
- be stress-resistant, flexible, a team-player and result-driven
- a customer-oriented attitude and commercial awareness
- an eagerness to have a varied job in- and outside The Netherlands
- the ability to communicate with both IHC personnel, subcontractors or customers in ever-changing conditions
- a willingness to obtain knowledge or learn new techniques regarding equipment and developments within the industry.
Please note, an online assessment and screening may form part of the recruitment process. Only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
As a Commissioning & Service Engineer, you will work at IHC SAS-Hytop. Based in Sliedrecht and Alphen aan den Rijn, this organizations main focus is designing and producing reliable deck equipment and hydraulic systems for the dredging, offshore oil & gas and renewable markets. Over the years, IHC SAS-Hytop has gained a great deal of experience in the delivery of pipe laying systems, heavy duty winch systems, hydraulic power packs and FPSO riser pull-in & offloading systems. The ultimate aim of IHC SAS-Hytop is to provide customers with equipment, systems, solutions and services that they can trust. The IHC SAS-Hytop service team is available on a 24/7 basis for its customers, wherever they are in the world.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Commissioning & Service Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via this application link.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.