Vispero is looking for an
Barendrecht | Configuration Manager | Bachelor | Medical devices | Product Development
Your New Role
Engineering – Product development – Configuration Management
We are seeking an experienced Configuration Manager, who likes to be the Configuration Management authority within the company. You will work closely with our Engineering Department, which is located across 3 sites (Barendrecht/NL. Clearwater/US, Huntington Beach/US) and our Asian Contract Manufacturers. Currently we have 3 different PLM systems in place which will be migrated into a single PLM system for all sites and suppliers. You will play a major role in the PLM application transition project team.
In this position, you will report to the Director of Program Management.
- Contribute to the definition of the new PLM Platform (ARAS)
- Assures proper Change Management process is followed within the company
- Support project teams in base-lining and configuring project items
- Perform impact analysis for change requests
- Monitor the implementation of changes
- Train employees in the use of our (new) PLM System and use their feedback to further improve the training material
- Initiate / implement process improvement activities related to Technical product documentation (TPD)
- Serving as the administrator for PLM (ARAS) and associated applications
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Knowledge and experience of PLM, Change Management, Part Management, BOM management, Document Management and Configuration Management, preferably in a ISO 9001 accredited company
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Configuration Manager / Engineer
- Focus on structure but flexible, remains persistent until the goal has been reached
- Affinity with product development
- Possess technical skills (to analyze impact of change)
- Possess application-specific skills
- Emphatic, can build a coalition
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken (Dutch and other languages are beneficial)
Vispero is the world’s leading assistive technology provider for the visually impaired and owner of the brands Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific, Optelec and The Paciello Group. All of the Vispero brands have a long history of developing and providing innovative solutions for blind and low vision individuals, helping them to reach their full potential.
NB: agency calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Engineering, Product Development, Configuration Management, Medical Devices, Configuration Engineer, Change Management, Product Developer, Technical, BOM Management, Document Management