Functieomschrijving Engineer Life Cycle Engineering
As Engineer Life Cycle Engineering, you will make a positive contribution to the engineering group within IHC Services of Royal IHC. Life Cycle Engineering is a service activity for operational dredging or offshore vessels comprising three main aspects:
- analyses and studies – from feasibility studies to workability analyses
- engineering and design – from concept engineering to production drawings
- naval architecture – from stability guidance booklets to lightweight checks.
The Life Cycle Engineering department helps customers to make adaptations and upgrades to integrated equipment, systems and structures. This includes the engineering of modifications, renovations and improvements to equipment and systems. As Engineer Life Cycle Engineering, you will be responsible for all aspects of the workflow, from generating ideas through to production drawings, and from preparing load cases to finite element analysis (FEA). You will work either in a multi-disciplinary team or independently.
In addition, you will work as Engineer Life Cycle Engineering according to customer requirements, class rules, technical specifications and operational guidelines in order to contribute to efficient production and to maximise the quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of installations and equipment. As Engineer Life Cycle Engineering, you will be responsible for the following:
- creating technical concepts of equipment, installations or integrated systems
- setting up and completing 3D (or 2D) models of constructions, systems, equipment and procedures based on relevant information and specifications
- creating and/or checking diagrams, arrangement drawings, parts lists, production drawings, calculations, specifications or reports
- setting up relevant load cases, calculation methods (static or dynamic) and applicable criteria
- performing and checking strength analyses, such as finite element analysis (FEA)
- communicating with your team leader, class agencies, customers, suppliers and team members
- examining the processed drawings and documents for consistency against specifications, missing information, readability and user-friendliness and, where necessary, adjusting or elaborating upon the documents and system information
- revising the basic engineering package based on nonconformities, your own insight or directions by others, and, where necessary, discussing further with the relevant stakeholders.
Functie-eisen Engineer Life Cycle Engineering
To be eligible for the position of Engineer Life Cycle Engineering, you must have the following:
- bachelor or master degree in shipbuilding or mechanical engineering
- relevant experience (heavy maritime equipment or shipbuilding)
- experience with 3D CAD software
- willingness to learn about the complex technical systems available on board vessels
- excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- a proactive, creative and flexible attitude
- excellent communication English language skills and preferably but not necessarily Dutch
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening is part of the recruitment process.
As Engineer Life Cycle Engineering you will be working at IHC Services which is part of Royal IHC. IHC Services' core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we're able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
Royal IHC offers you as Engineer Life Cycle Engineering a challenging job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Engineer Life Cycle Engineering and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through by using this apply link.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy of Engineer Life Cycle Engineering and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.