We are looking for an:
Location Friesland, The Netherlands
Vermilion has an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Technician in the Friesland area of the Netherlands. This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager. The successful incumbent’s mission is to support the engineering team through monitoring of compliance in well and reservoir related areas as well as assist where required in field and facility operations. This position may be suitable for an individual pursuing a support role or as an entry level position to gain industry experience with the opportunity for growth into more technical responsibilities.
Position Key Responsibilities
- Accuracy and updates of the production allocation methodology;
- accuracy and compliance of the fiscal metering system;
- maintaining the well integrity records and scheduling testing;
- providing assistance to developing solutions for well integrity related issues;
- surveillance of status of seismic monitoring equipment;
- coordination of field measurements for subsidence;
- providing support to field activities when required;
- identifying production adding opportunities through knowledge of surface and processing equipment and assisting production engineering with day to day activities
- provide assistance to the well servicing team where needed and develop a working knowledge of downhole equipment and well servicing techniques
Essential Experience & Skills
- 0 to 3 years of previous industry experience.
- This position is suitable for a new graduate with an engineering related Master’s degree from an accredited university or;
- A Bachelor’s degree (HBO) with relevant experience
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the oil and gas industry.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and critical analysis skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to build relationships and work constructively with others to achieve business goals.
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Strong communication skills in both spoken and written English and Dutch is a necessity.
Attributes & Characteristics
- Safety Oriented
- Detail Oriented
- Open and honest team player
- Positive and engaging personality
- Flexible, influential and assertive when required
- Able to prioritize competing activities
- Netherlands based office, international company, headquartered in Alberta, Canada
- Diverse asset base in Europe, Australia, US and Canada
- 20-year history of market outperformance
- Ranked among the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada, France and The Netherlands
- Challenging and inspiring environment that embraces teamwork and collaboration
- Strong community investment and committed to giving back to the communities where our people live and work
Vermilion is committed to ensuring we conduct our activities in a manner that will protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the public. Our HSE vision is to fully integrate Health, Safety and Environment into our business, where our culture is recognized as a model by industry and stakeholders, resulting in a healthy workplace free of incidents. All positions at Vermilion require a commitment to high levels of excellence in respect to HSE, reinforcing our corporate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Respect, and Responsibility.
This position is a full time position and will requires significant field presence in both the office and on site in various location across our operating area.
For more information about Vermilion Energy, please visit our website at www.vermilionenergy.nl or go to our Vermilion Energy LinkedIn page.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please send your CV and motivational letter to this link. For more details, please call Sophia Ruiter on 0517 – 493 327.
Posting Close Date: Until a suitable Candidate is identified
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Oil, Gas, Industry, Engineering, Olie, Olie-industrie, Gasindustrie, Techniek, Industrie