We are looking for a:
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Vermilion has an excellent opportunity for an Exploitation Engineer based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The key objective is to provide technical expertise to maximize asset value by leading the development and execution of a depletion strategy of assigned assets, in addition to the planning and project management to establish and advance development and exploration prospects in those assigned assets.
This position will be accountable for existing exploration, development, technical evaluation and optimization opportunity identification of the assigned assets. The candidate will also be accountable for managing potential drilling locations from concept through to production including all permit planning and generation and capital management throughout the project.
- Maintain a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible workplace
- Develop a clear understanding of HSE practices and policies (HSE MS) and the capability to drive improved HSE performance
- Conduct regular site visits to assigned asset field locations
Project and Portfolio Management:
- Lead the prioritizing and advancing of the portfolio of exploration and development prospects to ensure long term production and reserve conversion targets are achieved
- Ensure key milestones, stakeholders, and decision makers are clearly identified for projects within the assigned area
- Actively track progress of activities against the project plan and ensure adjustments made as required
- Ensure projects are appropriately documented from concept to DSPs, peer reviews, and look backs
- Generation and prioritization of reserve conversion and optimization opportunities
- Lead field, pool and well reviews to identify reservoir management, drilling, workover, recompletion and surface facility debottlenecking opportunities
- Project management of major all projects in assigned asset.
- Responsible for ensuring all projects have adequate resources for project assessment, detailed design and execution to ensure that projects deliver expectations. Liaise with the operations and facilities team to recommend production facilities
- Complete technical assessments of opportunities with the reservoir engineer, including assessment of gathering limitations to ensure technical inputs to economic evaluations and DSP’s are achievable
- Initiate, monitor and optimize the depletion strategies of the Company’s existing and new assets
- Support the Reservoir Engineer in the annual reserves assessment for assigned asset, ensuring accuracy and integrity of the reserves report for the assigned area
- Applying oil and gas asset evaluation experience to acquisition and divestiture opportunities and the preparation of the associated business proposals
- Maintaining area knowledge and expertise to exploit opportunities including acquisitions, farm-ins, competitor activities and other market related information.
- Ensure all projects have appropriate approvals in place for execution
LRP, Budget and Cost Management:
- Coordination of annual capital budget for assigned area including required revisions throughout the year
- Monitor and track monthly performance of actual spend vs. plan for all projects in assigned area
- Identify and implement any cost saving opportunities
- Complete detailed economic evaluations of projects
- Cost management for drilling/ workover/facility operations to maximize project opportunities.
- Develop, maintain and manage the LRP for the assigned area
Compliance and Permitting:
- Understand all relevant acts and operating permits, their content and limitations
- Understand the permitting process and approval timelines for each type of permit including winningsplans (WIPLA’s)
- Responsible for the coordination and management of the generation of all required permits to ensure all required permits are submitted for portfolio prospects based off best estimate timelines
- Manage and Liaise with external consultants to deliver permit packages to the commercial team for submission
- Support the commercial team in pushing regulatory bodies for approvals, ensuring priorities are well known and communicated
- Understand and ensure compliance with work commitments required to retain exploration and production licenses
- Support PGR efforts as required to progress all permits including WIPLA’s through to approval
- Maintain open and regular communications with the commercial and compliance teams
Essential Experience & Skills:
- +7 years’ experience in Petroleum Engineering related roles.
- Strong track record of delivering value adding results through opportunity generation and execution.
- A self-starter with proven ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Having made significant contribution to development projects and enhancing recovery from producing assets.
- Experience with hydraulic stimulation design and execution.
- A solid understanding of well operations and completion techniques.
- A strong background in well integrity practices.
- A proven leader; self-motivated and keen to share knowledge, forge relationships and co-ordinate work from other disciplines.
- Your technical skills will be combined with exposure to broader commercial aspects.
- Be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of the oil and gas business as a whole.
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills.
- Strong Communication Skills both written and verbal.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline;
- Must be fluent in English and Dutch.
Attributes & Characteristics:
- Focus on value creation.
- Entrepreneurial approach.
- Use of technical expertise to drive strong results.
- Decision making that demonstrates responsibility.
- Initiative and accountability.
- Builds relationships through trust and respect.
- Flexible, influential and assertive when required.
- Amsterdam based position, international company, headquartered in Alberta, Canada
- Diverse asset base in Europe, Australia, US and Canada
- 20-year history of market outperformance
- Ranked among the Best Workplaces in Canada, France , Germany and The Netherlands
- Challenging and inspiring environment that embraces teamwork and collaboration
- Strong community investment and committed to giving back to the communities where our people live and work
Vermilion is committed to ensuring we conduct our activities in a manner that will protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the public. Our HSE vision is to fully integrate Health, Safety and Environment into our business, where our culture is recognized as a model by industry and stakeholders, resulting in a healthy workplace free of incidents. All positions at Vermilion require a commitment to high levels of excellence in respect to HSE, reinforcing our corporate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Respect, and Responsibility.
For more information about Vermilion Energy, please visit our website at www.vermilionenergy.nl or go to our Vermilion Energy LinkedIn page.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please send your CV and motivational letter via this link. For more details, please call Sophia Ruiter on 0517 – 493 327.
Posting Close Date: till suitable candidate found
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated
Keywords: Oil, Gas, HSE, Petroleum Engineering, Technical, Commercial, Olie, Technisch, Techniek, Commercieel