Functieomschrijving International Legal Counsel
As an International Legal Counsel you are responsible for drafting, negotiating and the conclusion of several types of (sub)contracts. You will also advise on construction law and tender issues and further all relevant legal matters, such as joint ventures, contractual issues and claims.
- You will draft, negotiate and conclude procurement contracts
- You will advise on construction law and tender issues and further all relevant legal matters, such as joint ventures, contractual issues and claims
- Negotiating contracts
- Drafting and assessing shipbuilding contracts, for new built construction, renovations and repairs
- You are responsible as well as for the purchase and sale of ships
- You are also responsible for drafting and assessing charter parties
- You work on all legal aspects of claims (liabilities, claims, insurance)
Functie-eisen International Legal Counsel
- Dutch law degree (specialism International law / English law)
- You have at least 6 years of legal experience, preferably in the world of construction and/or oil & gas
- You have experience working in international projects
- You have experience with international forms
- You have excellent English drafting skills and you are an excellent negotiator
- You are willing to travel for work around the world
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
A challenging Legal role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
Apply online by using this link.
Not ready to apply yet? Please contact Edwin van der Slagt (E: firstname.lastname@example.org, T: +31 88 8262968) for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.