Functieomschrijving Lead Engineer Offshore Pipelines and Cables
In the position of Lead Engineer you are responsible for leading a team of 4 engineers who deliver support during the tender stage as well as during execution and where necessary follow-up on site. You will coordinate the works within the team and you are responsible for the delivery of the works on time and according to the Van Oord standards. You will work in a young department of about 15 energetic engineers dealing with projects for both the offshore wind and offshore oil & gas industry.
- Development and review of pipeline installation analyses for our pipelay vessel Stingray and cable installation analyses for our cable lay vessel Nexus
- Point of contact for internal clients and collaboration with other engineering disciplines, tender managers and estimators
- Managing external suppliers
- Liaising with different departments (like Operations and Ship Management) on operational aspects and the equipment to be used
- Development of your team and people
- Keeping up with new developments and opportunities
Functie-eisen Lead Engineer Offshore Pipelines and Cables
- MSc degree in Offshore or Mechanical Engineering
- At least 7 years’ experience in offshore installation engineering preferably in a lead engineer position
- Experience with installation analyses of pipelines and/or cables
- Project experience in pipeline and/or cable installation either on site or on board of an installation vessel
- A good verbal and written knowledge of the English language
- Knowledge of Orcina’s Orcaflex software or similar software
- Team player with strong communicational, social and leadership skills
- Result-minded, creative and analytical
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Van Oord offers a challenging and international working environment with attractive opportunities for further development. In addition, we can provide an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
Apply online by using this link.
Not ready to apply yet? Please contact Pieter van Bodegom (E: email@example.com, T: +31 88 8268068)for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.