Lead Maintenance Engineer
Fulltime | Rotterdam
It's an interesting time for you to come on board at Vopak! Around the world, we connect the supply of and demand for vital products and resources. Energy that allows people to heat their homes and travel the world. Food for a growing planet. And chemicals for companies to use. Products that are vital to people’s lives. We ensure the safe, efficient and clean storage of such vital products. The global energy transition, the growing world population, and all new possibilities of emerging technologies make this a very interesting time to be doing business. If this global working environment appeals to you and you have the right skills and mindset, then apply now to become a part of our Vopak team.
Purpose of the position
Together with his/her team of four maintenance engineers, the Lead Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the integrity and maintenance plans of all terminal assets at our Europoort and Laurenshaven terminals. As Lead Maintenance Engineer you secure the availability of an effective and complete maintenance program in such a way that the terminal can rely on high quality assets that meet the requirements of our customers and the legal requirements. Work includes development of maintenance plans, assessment of inspection results and equipment behavior, giving advice to the asset owners as well as maintaining contacts with Operations and the Maintenance and Inspection departments. The job will be carried out on site in collaboration with our maintenance team on the terminal and the Inspection and Support department within the Engineering NL team. In addition, you coordinate all activities related to the management and improvement of the asset integrity including the required data and documents, procedures and the maintenance management system.
As Lead Maintenance Engineer you will report to the Technical Manager of Vopak Rotterdam Europoort. There will be a functional reporting line to the Manager Inspection and Support.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be
- Contribute to the reputation of Vopak as a safety minded and professional organization
- Lead the local maintenance engineers
- Prepare the maintenance strategy and set up and manage (preventive and inspective) maintenance plans for all equipment on our terminals
- Define, monitor and controlthe asset integrity data and translate this data into management information
- Ensure the quality and integrity of technical documents (in Smart Plant Foundation)
- Ensure the quality and integrity of maintenance data (in Infor) and keep the terminal asset tree up to date
- Secure a good transfer of projects towards Maintenance
- Prepare for and participate in internal and external audits
- Provide input for the sustaining capex program
- Develop and improve annual maintenance plans and periodic (progress) reports, including cost estimates, budget preparation and execution schedules regarding maintenance and inspections, in order to meet the predetermined targets and legal deadlines
- Analyze and report of maintenance and inspection findings and translate results in (adjusted) maintenance plans or repair or replacement actions, where applicable with support from NL Inspection and Support team
- Support and advice the asset managers and asset owners in ensuring that risks are acceptable in line with Vopak policy and procedures
- Work on best practices, guidelines and internal procedures
- Key user of the Maintenance Management Information System (Infor)
What we offer:
Every career at Vopak is given the opportunity to shine! When you join Vopak, you can count on:
- A challenging position with a high degree of responsibility in a Dutch multinational with a history over 400 years;
- Highly motivated colleagues;
- Room to grow through professional training and personal development opportunities at national and international level.
If you’re interested, please use this link to apply!
Acquisition due to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Lead Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Engineering