ASM is a leading, global supplier of semiconductor process equipment for wafer processing. We deliver innovative technology solutions to the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers. We are a dynamic, growing company and provide ground breaking solutions that are helping to make semiconductor devices smaller, faster and more powerful. ASM International NV is headquartered in the Netherlands. Our over 1,700 employees are based in 14 countries, including the United States, Europe, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore. We benefit from this diverse perspective and the advantages of bringing together the best brains in the world to create new breakthroughs, turning today’s challenges into tomorrow’s opportunities
- Bachelors in technical field or graduate of product safety compliance program
- 5+ years’ experience of semiconductor industry and industrial equipment safety standards (i.e. SEMI S2, Machinery Directive)
Additional / Desirable
- Engineering Degree - Electrical Engineering (EE) , or Mechanical Engineering (ME), or Chemical Engineering (CE)
- Engineering Cross-Discipline experienced preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in product safety engineering compliance within the semiconductor industry
- Responsible for ownership of product safety compliance for the ASM Thermal Products business unit in Almere, Netherlands.
- Facilitate hazard analysis and the related risk assessments for new products and review upgrades and retrofits to existing products for safety compliance.
- Coordinate the 3rd party assessments of the equipment to comply with SEMI safety standards as well as the European Directives, and provide guidance on design practices necessary to comply with these standards.
- Act as member of ASM’s Global Product Safety Engineering Counsel, and work together with other ASM Product Safety Engineers (PSE) leaders to maintain global equipment design guidelines (for safety compliance).
- Lead/contribute to product design related Safety Incident Reports (SIR’s) investigations, including root cause analysis.
- Provide support and ownership of customer equipment safety related questions and issues.
- Ability to lead and coordinate diverse stakeholder engagement from business unit engineers, managers and external customers
- Strong Project Management skills – ability to execute and drive projects to closure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; English Speaking
- Knowledge of European Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC) Annex 1, Annex 7 requirements
- Knowledge of European EMC Directive (2014/30/EU)
- Experience in leading engineering design review sessions using FMEA, HAZOP, “What-If” or other hazard identification methods
- Experience in estimating the risk of harm based on each hazard identified
- Ability to effectively manage customer safety inquiries and issues
Additional / Desirable
- Dutch speaking/writing is desirable
- Knowledge of SEMI Safety Guidelines and have the ability to interpret and apply these to equipment design requirements
- Ability to Perform SEMI Risk Assessment (per SEMI S10/SEMI S14)
- Ability to coordinate industrial hygiene testing per SEMI S2
- Ability to coordinate tracer gas testing per SEMI S6
- Ability to coordinate electrical safety compliance tests per SEMI S22
- Ability to coordinate electromagnetic compatibility emissions & immunity testing
- Experience in providing Product Safety Engineering training sessions to design engineers
ASM is a public company traded on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. You can find more ASM information and career opportunities on: www.asm.com. ASM is an equal opportunities employer and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization.
Apply online via this link.