OPRA has an exciting job opportunity in the position of Mechanical & Systems Engineer based in Hengelo, the Netherlands. Are you interested to join our team?
OPRA located in Hengelo has a vacancy for an
Mechanical & Systems Engineer
Who are we?
OPRA Turbines develops and manufactures advanced, clean, low emission gas turbine generating sets based on our own patented technology. Our key markets are 1.5-10 MW power generation solutions for oil and gas, marine and industrial customers. OPRA gas turbines are used for various applications such as power generation at oil fields, combined heat and power and waste-to-energy. Recently we opened our brand-new site in Hengelo, the Netherlands, located at the High-Tech Systems Park. Our Research & Development department is responsible for the execution of product and technology development projects in the field of gas turbines, control systems and auxiliary systems.
About the job
The main responsibility of the Mechanical & Systems engineer is to execute R&D Projects within our product and technology development programs. The Mechanical & Systems engineer is expected to work primarily on our auxiliary systems (e.g. oil, fuel and ventilation systems) and our structural parts (e.g. skids and enclosures).
The main responsibilities are:
- Execute mechanical design of gas turbine auxiliary systems and components
- Perform 3D CAD (SolidWorks) work and create manufacturing drawings
- Perform FEM analysis and engineering calculations
- Study technical issues and propose improvement solutions
- Study requirements and applicable standards
- Participate in development and prototype testing
- Writing of technical reports and specifications
- Keep up-to-date with technology developments in the area of work
- Participate and present in gate review meetings
What are our requirements?
- MSc in Mechanical, Aerospace or Mechatronics engineering
- Experience from mechanical design of complex systems
- Experience with 3D CAD modelling
- Experience/interest in structural design, static and dynamic structural calculations an advantage
- Experience with auxiliary systems for power generation and/or rotating equipment is an advantage
- Working proficiency in English.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Important competences are:
- Hands-on approach
- Innovation mind-set
- Team spirit
- Can-do mentality
- Result driven
What do we offer?
OPRA’s products are high tech and our markets are global and exciting. You will be working in a team of qualified and enthusiastic people from various disciplines and of many different nationalities. Fast decision making, short connections, innovation on every corner.
- A competitive remuneration package;
- You will join our pension plan;
- The opportunity to further develop within our company.
Apply for this job!
If you wish to apply for this job, please upload your CV and a short motivation letter in English via our online application page. If you have any questions about the job, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
Keywords: Engineer, Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Systems Engineer, Aerospace, Mechatronics, Engineer Calculator, CAD