SMART Photonics B.V. established in March 2012, is the world's first pure-play foundry for Indium Phosphide photonics semiconductors. We offer commercial Multi-Project Wafer (MPW) services on InP at very competitive rates. Headquartered in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, we are trusted by the world's leading companies, large and small. That's because of our proven track record in InP research, development and production. We've brought together just the right expertise in the right place at the right time. Indium phosphide chips are proving to be the best choice in many applications ranging from next generation low-power consumption data-centres to “intelligent pills” for medical diagnostics and high-accuracy drug dispensation. Integrated photonics also plays an increasingly important role in the aircraft industry, air quality monitoring and ultra-secure cryptography. SMART Photonics is an independent pure-play foundry. That means we only make products using designs from our customers. The fact that we don't make our own products means there is no conflict of interest in the market.
SMART Photonics is a rapidly growing, ambitious high-tech company. Join us with the photonics revolution and apply now!
We are looking for a:
Process Engineer Lithography
Location: High Tech Campus, Eindhoven The Netherlands
Fulltime: 40 hours a week
You are responsible for the development and improvements of the lithography processes for the production of photonic components on InP wafers.
Job responsibilities and qualifications
- In the current life-cycle of our company (scale-up, 55 employees) your role as a process engineer Lithography will be;
- Develop, qualify, release and optimize photo-lithography processes (E-beam, Scanner, Stepper, Contact Lithography) on existing and new technology.
- Improve existing Lithography processes in the InP wafer (pilot) fab.
- Execute projects to improve yield, performance and process control related to Lithography.
- Execute projects related to capacity expansion and process simplification wrt Lithography.
- Troubleshoot Lithography process problems and drive details of improvement project execution to enable a smooth flow of production and development wafers in the (pilot) fab.
- Execute process development and lithography roadmap activities needed for future InP technology.
- Participate in various cross functional teams to improve yields, solve process problems, simplify procedures and processes, and release new tools and processes with improved capacity and capability.
- Have a thorough understanding of various lithography related systems including resist technology, wet etch process, opto-mechanical systems, metrology and inspection equipment.
- You will oversee and work collaboratively with production and quality personnel assuring orders are completed on time and within specification.
- Review product requirements with the manufacturing staff to ensure compatibility of processing methods. Compile and evaluate test data to determine appropriate limits and variation for process or material specifications. May conceive and plan projects involving definition and selection of new concepts and approaches in the processing or development of new or improved practices in the Lithography process.
We are looking for a person who
- Successfully completed a relevant BSc or MSc degree in Electronics, Physics, Optics, Chemistry or closely related field;
- Has at least 5 to 10 years of experience in Lithography. This is a must;
- Working knowledge of semiconductor fabrication processes, and specific expertise in photo-lithography .
- Affinity with photonics and/or electronics would be an advantage.
- Performs and oversees processing, inspection and metrology related functions.
- Participate in process/product development.
- Establish necessary process controls, control techniques and process metrics.
- Experience with semiconductor process development, sustaining, new process introduction, and ramp to volume.
- Experience supporting a 24x7 fab operations team, writing and training of fab procedures, root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Good communication skills to work collaboratively and thrive on accountability.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Has a natural independent drive to take responsibility/ownership to get the job done, stay focused and be pro-active.
- Likes lots of freedom to mold the job yourself. You have to be a selfstarter.
- Embodies cooperation and co-creation. These are key to our success.
- Is always up to date of the latest trends in the field of lithography.
What we offer you
- To become part of a new revolution in chip technology in the field of Photonics, like micro electronics was in de ‘70s.
- To develop with us SMART Photonics into a market leader in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
- A challenging position with plenty of room for own initiatives and professional development.
- A talented group of passionate people working in an open culture.
- A competitive set of employment terms.
- Not a single boring working day.
Are you interested?
Please send your motivation letter and resume to our application form attn. Yvonne Stas, HR manager. We are looking forward to your response! If you have specific job related questions, please contact the manager Engineering Kitty Jochem 040-3046433.
See also our website www.smartphotonics.com for more information about the company;
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.