Product Manager System Programs
About the opportunity
In this role you have the opportunity to be responsible for the strategy, roadmap, and definition for a product or product line for our portfolio of maintenance and exchange services. The position of Product Manager System Programs also includes the responsibility to deliver on promise, and coordinate the operational and commercial execution of the projected road map and its underlying business cases.
Your direct stakeholders are diverse, from Sales, Procurement, Engineering to Quality. The Product Manager has to be able to communicate with all levels within the organization. You have commercial feeling, helicopter view, and a good technical understanding. As a Product Manager you build a network both internal and external, and coordinate effective cooperation amongst stakeholders.
You are part of:
Fokker Services has earned its position as unique and valuable partner for the global aerospace industry, supporting a large fleet of various aircraft types. Capabilities include Component Availability Programs, Flighthour based Component Repairs, Engineering and Documentation Support and Airframe Maintenance, Modifications, Conversion, Completion capabilities as well as OEM Partnering and Support Services. Worldwide Fokker Services has 600 employees working at locations in the Netherlands, Singapore and the USA.
For our Product Management department, we are looking for a Product Manager System Programs who is keen to work in a high demanding environment with lots of challenges and opportunities. Your work location is Hoofddorp (the Netherlands). This is a fulltime position.
You are responsible for:
- Successfully manage your product portfolio
- Drive operational and financial performance
- Balance revenue growth, delivery performance, margin and working capital
- Drive and support our new business growth ambition
- Anticipate on trends and developments in the market
- Develop product portfolio strategy and translate into viable business cases
- Understand and develop competitive product pricing and proposals
- Evaluate sourcing options: Build in-house capabilities versus outsourcing
- Develop business relationships with key players in the market
- Stakeholder management, internal and external
- Drive and support sales and marketing campaigns
Your skills and competences are:
To be successful in this role...
- You demonstrate functional leadership
- You have a hands-on personality focused on improvement where possible
- You have a broad understanding of the aerospace market and component maintenance
- You are eager to learn and have a winning mentality
- You have excellent analytical and commercial skills
- You are able to build, deliver and implement business cases
- You have excellent communication skills: listening, verbal, writing and visual
- You are a team player but can also work with a high rate of independence
- You have excellent computer skills: MS Excel and Access
- You have a minimum of five years relevant technical and commercial working experience
- You hold a bachelors degree in Engineering, preferably in Electronics/Avionics Engineering
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
In return we offer you:
An innovative and international environment, working with 'state of the art technology'. As an organization with a rich history in the field of aircraft manufacturing and services. Fokker Services has a passion for technology and our staff are proud of what they develop and build. Within our organization, you will get every opportunity to build your career and personal development.
We offer an attractive package including a salary in line with industry standards, an annual profit related payment and 42 days of leave.
Please contact Marijn van Dalen at +31 (0) 6 1330 1553 for more information about the vacancy. For information on the recruitment procedure, please contact Sonja van ‘t Zelfde, Recruitment Manager on +31 (0) 612873140. Visit www.gkn.com for more information about our organization.
Send us your CV and letter via the online application form.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
Fokker Technologies, founded by aviation pioneer Anthony Fokker in 1919, was acquired by GKN Aerospace in 2015. Fokker’s outstanding people and technologies are now fully integrated into the GKN Aerospace business. The result is a stronger GKN Aerospace business with enhanced market leadership positions, increased exposure to key growth platforms, a more comprehensive global manufacturing footprint and stronger technological offerings. Fokker’s industry-leading capabilities in aerostructures, electrical wiring systems, landing gear and services now sit within GKN Aerospace’s market-leading capabilities.
Acquisition following placement of this vacancy, is not appreciated.