Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
The Production Engineer, also known as Assistant Operations Manager, serves as the main driver for successful day to day production of for a part of our manufacturing site in Middelburg. With your in-depth knowledge of production processes, you will connect with the team leads and act hands-on to ensure a daily manufacturing target.
You will also be responsible for coordinating projects to solve recurring problems by making root cause analyses. To effectively accomplish this, you will analyze production data, get information from team leads and other stakeholders. To make sure we reflect on these incidents you will be managing the long-term improvement roadmap to assure continuous improvement. Please note as a Production Engineer you will be a member of the production call out team and crisis management team. You will report into the Operations Manager.
- Initiate, plan and coordinate measures to maximize production.
- Monitor and analyse production system performance; identify capacity restrictions and bottlenecks.
- Provide production engineering support to other departments.
- Ensure adequate monitoring of production data and its storage in the company database, identify deficiencies to measurements and recommend improvements.
- Work closely together with all operational disciplines to ensure timely and optimal solutions.
- Contribute to asset value optimization.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree Chemical technology or Process engineering.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in the chemical / process industry.
- Experience with Process Engineering is a plus.
- Fluent communication skills in English and Dutch.
Functional Competencies and Capabilities
- Courage: Make courageous choices to innovate and accelerate value creation.
- Optimism: Optimistically focus on continual growth over a longer-term horizon.
- Bias for Action: Have a bias for action, prioritizing issues and making sound decisions, despite uncertainty or risk.
- Adaptability: Adaptable to market and customer opportunities quickly.
- Tenacious: Pursues goals with energy, drive and a need to finish; Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance, rejection or set-back.
- Inquisitive: Leverages the skills of questioning, observation, listening and networking to gain a deep understanding of our customers’ goals, needs and issues.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
For further information about this position please contact Michael de Graaff via +31 6 46 277 627 or send your application and resume to Michael.deGraaff@eastman.com.
Acquisition is not appreciated.