In almost every project (Dredging, Offshore or Offshore Wind) Van Oord installs rocks. For each project different types and sizes of rock are used. Therefore Van Oord established the Rockdesk in 2014. Due to a growing number of new projects we are looking for a Project Engineer Rock Desk. In this position you will be responsible for the timely availability of all kinds of rocks in our different projects. This starts with the tender phase and ends with the procurement, transportation and installation as final use. In addition you will bring the Rock Desk to the level of an expert-centre for technical, commercial and contractual knowledge. Finally you will have extensive contact with experts in the field of rock quarrying and installation who can assist/ advise you on rock types and gradings and where/how to acquire them.
- Operational and commercial support for tenders, contracts and framework agreements, assessing supplier performance and monitoring compliance with agreements and product supplies
- Revising and drafting Invitations to Tenders and Contracts
- Making price comparisons for rock purchase and transport and preparing recommendations for calculations as input for the bid and for projects
- Sourcing new reliable rock suppliers and transport companies
- Supplier management and development
- Monitoring compliance with the Van Oord Management System (VOMS) procedures
- Harmonising and coordinating requests for proposals with other disciplines such as the Transport Department
Functie-eisen Project Engineer Rock Desk
- Bachelor degree in preferably Engineering or Economics
- Relevant experience in project engineering or operations (preferable EPC)
- Strong analytical-, conceptual-, commercial and negotiation skills in a global environment
- Thorough understanding of project procurement and risk management
- Eager to learn quick
- Strong communication skills, firm-standing and hands-on
- Excellent business knowledge and customer focus
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written)
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
A challenging role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
Apply online by using this application link. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact Bas van der Muren (Bas.email@example.com, +31 (0)88 826 2499) for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application via email. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using this application link.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.