Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe (MTEE) is a global player in the field of turbochargers for the automotive industry. Did you know that we have a 20% market share in Europe? That means that 1 out of 5 cars in Europe are fitted with a turbo that was made in Almere. For automotive to be able to contribute to global climate objectives, downsizing (a smaller engine with greater power, possibly hybrid) is necessary. Using a turbocharger is the best way to make this technically possible.
As our parent company is located in Japan, we work in close collaboration with a culture known for its hospitality. And this shows in everything. From our production line in Almere, we deliver directly to our OEMs all over the world. All of our 800 employees make this possible. Proud and dedicated, that’s what we are.
The Project Department is responsible for the projects from Customer Contract (Nomination) until series production is in full output. Nomination of a project comes with certain boundary conditions. The boundaries include terms and conditions, development budget, sales price, margin, investments and a development timeline.
The Project Department ensures that the Turbo charger is suitable for series production within the provided time frame, while achieving economical and commercial targets. To do this each project has a multi-disciplined project team, steered by the project leader. The functions in the project department are: Department Manager, Project group leader, Project leader Development, Project leader Series, Project assistants.
As Project Leader Development you are responsible for leading projects up to finalization. You steer members of the Engineering, Production Engineering, Purchasing and Quality Department, realizing a successful launch of a turbocharger into series production.
You will do this by:
- Building and maintaining intense relations with your internal and external customers
- Analyzing the customer needs and requests
- Negotiating costs, prices, lead times and project steps
- Calculating, keeping track on and analyzing project result (part price margin and Cash-flow) up to Start Of Production (SOP)
- Tracking and leading all development changes
- Setting up the project planning, keeping track of the project and leading the project team towards product, production process, supply chain, quality and economical goals
- Keeping the team focused, ensuring internal communication, and maintaining good atmosphere
- Keeping track on cash flow and sample & tooling deliveries during the project
- Complying with the organizational procedures and process regarding Quality and H&S
- Reporting all above and presentation of project status to Management. After successfully finalizing the project you will carry the project over to the Project Leader Series.
- At least 10 years of project leading/management experience
- Experience in automotive development is a big plus
Working at Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe offers many rewards. From seeing your concepts developed into actual turbo’s, to knowing that the finest car brands are equipped with the product you have worked on. Volkswagen, BMW and Renault are just few of many well-known names.
But there’s more! You can also expect:
- Excellent benefits, including 27 days of leave + 5 collective days off
- Pension plan
- Travel allowance
- Collective health insurance
- MTEE is member of the Collective Agreements (CAO) Metalektro
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Lilian Latul (Corporate Recruiter at MTEE) at 06-42610621. Have we sparked your interest? Please apply here.