Part of the Benelux Property & Energy Underwriting team
As a Risk Consultant you are responsible for property risk engineering reviews according to proper underwriting/risk engineering rules and guidelines and by applying risk engineering knowledge.
Responsibilities and tasks
To be successful you
- Support the underwriting business through timely high quality risk engineering desk top reviews of prospect accounts and account risk engineering management of assigned accounts.
- Are deemed to be the key liaison between the client and the underwriting team.
- Work in close cooperation with the underwriters and the global network of AXA XL Field Engineers.
- Foster the risk engineering relationship with brokers and (new) client contacts.
- Regularly visit client sites around Europe as well as globally.
- Think out of the box and have ideas on how to improve the status quo.
In this role, you are located in Amsterdam and will report directly to the Risk Engineering Lead with strong matrix line to the Underwriting Manager.
Besides your good communication and analytical skills you have strong customer relationship management skills and
- A BSc or MSc in Engineering, preferably Chemical or equivalent.
- In-depth risk engineering experience of manufacturing, food, technology and/or service industry.
- Experience as a field loss prevention consultant or relevant industrial experience through for instance HSE, audit or risk management related functions in the manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of NFPA, FM, CEA and/or other applicable loss prevention guidelines, standards and codes.
- You like challenges and seek to learn and develop yourself.
AXA XL offers
- A flexible, international team of highly motivated and experienced colleagues.
- The position is characterized by a high grade of responsibility as well as a broad scope of freedom and diversity.
- Very attractive terms of employment and excellent benefits.
About AXA XL
AXA XL, the Property & Casualty and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals they don’t just provide re/insurance, they reinvent it. How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all their lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty. XL Catlin Services SE is an FCA regulated and authorized intermediary, wholly owned by AXA XL and is located in the Netherlands, Amsterdam. They offer a wide range of customizable services to help protect the client’s property.
Keywords for the organisation: Customer First, Courage, Integrity, Collaboration, Diversity and Inclusion.
Acquisition is not appreciated.
We look forward to hearing from you
Please send your CV and cover letter in English via the application form (ref.no. 5564). For additional information please contact Shirley Peperkamp or Tineke Wilhelm at Mercuri Urval +31 10 2828600. Have a look at www.axaxl.com.