Sabic located in Bergen op Zoom has a vacancy for a Senior/Lead Engineer, Proces Engineering.
The Technical Department is the center of expertise for Engineering at the Bergen op Zoom site of SABIC. It delivers expert knowledge to all facilities with a focus on the chemical and compounding plants. The organization of the Technical Department consists of multiple subgroups: Process Engineering, Asset Engineering, Process Control, Inspection & Compliance, Process Safety Management, Quality Assurance, Project Development & Control and Energy & Sustainability. The Process Engineering team is responsible for short term (troubleshooting) support, Feasibility Studies, Optimization Studies and Front end Engineering (Conceptual - and Basic Engineering) servicing our Chemical and Compounding Operations. Projects are multi-disciplinary by nature and interface with other departments such as Technology, Supply Chain Management, Product Management, Maintenance, Operations as well as Project Management and Project Execution.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
For our Process Engineering team we are looking for an enthusiastic and result driven Senior Process Engineer. Your focus area is our Compounding Operations, you should combine solid technical expertise and team oriented leadership. You have the ambition to provide creative solutions based on good insight and knowledge of engineering unit operations as well as our processes. You are eager to further grow and develop yourself as multi-unit expert.
As Senior Process Engineer you identify and lead improvement teams and projects that help us realize our site as well as global business goals. You prioritize and advance these projects with our customers. You lead the Idea Generation and Conceptual Design Process and take responsibility for process design and start-up preparation by taking into account process safety, capability, operability, quality, planning and cost. Lead projects execution until the business goals are realized. Close cooperation with other engineering disciplines and colleagues is required. You will be the key link between process development and project implementation working closely together with operational management, product management and technology.
In this role you are:
- Technical lead for initiation and implementation of improvement projects in alignment with strategic unit business goals.
- Responsible for execution of feasibility studies, process design and engineering (FEL process)
- Key technical person between manufacturing, product management and technology.
- Provides technical expertise in production issue resolution, process design, safety studies and training.
- Coach for less experienced peers and junior engineers with technical expertise on their projects and professional development.
- Representer of the Bergen op Zoom Technical Department in global SABIC Engineering communities as well as contribute to them.
You are our ideal candidate if you:
- Have a bachelors, masters or demonstrable equal degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years working experience in process engineering and leading technical projects
- Have demonstrated process engineering and project management skills at advanced / senior level
- Are able to build good and effective working relationships with people at different layers in the organization
- Take initiatives to improve and strive for the best result through structured problem solving approach
- Have demonstrated influencing and facilitation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English language, both verbal and in writing.
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, tel 0031(0)646103085.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers
Apply for this job!
If you are interested in this position and you would like to apply please send your CV and motivation letter via this application link.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
Keywords: Lead Engineer, Technical Engineer, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Proces Engineer