For our office in Barendrecht
we are immediately looking for the following colleague:
Senior Product Engineer
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Senior Product Engineer to join our team. In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of our organization by leading and contributing to the design, development and launch of new Optelec products. You will be responsible for the development of the product roadmap and definition of specific products with respect to Hardware and Software.
- Leading and contributing to the design, development and introduction of Optelec products to manufacturing;
- Designing, developing, and testing software product features that will be included in new Optelec products;
- Align the Barendrecht engineering team and R&D employees in the US involved in contract R&D activities to the overall Optelec Hardware Product Program vision and objectives, working with leaderships across the business;
- Define changes to current Engineering and Product Development processes that enable a more effective implementation of key strategies;
- Work together with Operations, Contract Manufacturers, and ODM's to ensure Optelec products are designed for manufacturability and a smooth transition from engineering prototypes into manufacturing;
- Planning of the R&D activities to be performed in the Netherlands and the US for Optelec products;
- Measuring performance of the performed R&D activities in the Netherlands and the US for Optelec products;
- Steer the Product Development employees in Barendrecht and the R&D employees in the US involved in contract R&D activities for Optelec products;
- Responsible for maintaining the skills and bandwidth needed in the Barendrecht team and the R&D team in the US involved in contract R&D activities to meet objectives for Optelec products;
- Establish guidelines for hardware and software designs for Optelec products to ensure cost effective manufacturability of products;
- Responsible for ensuring that the Optelec products with high quality designs are completed and brought to market on time and on budget.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful as a Senior Product Engineer you must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software or Electrical Engineering, with more than 5 years of experience in a similar role. You have experience in managing/leading a team for product development. You are fluent in English. As a person you have leadership skills, good communications skills and you have strong project management skills. You can deliver under pressure and shift priorities. You are also a strong motivator and hands-on.
What you’ll get in return
The company offers a professional and pleasant work climate within an international company with excellent products and offers a competitive salary with good benefits.
OPTELEC NEDERLAND B.V. is part of the Vispero™, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of software, optical and electronic devices. Vispero™ improves the quality of life of people with visual impairments by providing simple and effective solutions.
Interested in the above position, in a challenging and international high-tech environment? If you would like to work in an open and informal working atmosphere, please send your written application, including Curriculum Vitae, as soon as possible to email@example.com or visit our website www.optelec.nl.
NB: agency calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Engineering, Design, Development, Hardware, Software, R&D, Product Development, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering