Mission Statement of Position:
The Senior Geologist will be a key member of the Netherlands Geosciences team responsible for the integration, interpretation and assessment of all subsurface data, in order to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the assets across the Dutch portfolio and mature growth opportunities from both exploration, development and production perspective.
The Primary Responsibility is to lead the exploitation and exploration of the area hydrocarbon production potential by:
- Developing comprehensive knowledge of the NBU Exploration concessions to identifying new exploration opportunities and defining concession maturation and long range plans
- High grade the NBU opportunity portfolio through detailed prospect analysis, volumetrics, uncertainty and risk assessments.
- Delivering High quality standard subsurface Geological evaluations (play maps, cross-sections, Geomodels) through subsurface data integration and analysis (well logs, core, seismic, dynamic data) and document technical contribution with appropriate reports and other pertinent technical data
- Recommending drilling opportunities while ensuring their risk profile are in line with the requirements of the company strategy
- Driving the maturation of drilling proposal documentation, monitoring operations, analyzing results and performing look backs.
- Supporting existing producing pools by working with team to select infill candidates, work overs, re-completions and other opportunities.
- Assessing and recommending business opportunities in-country Netherlands
- Ensuring a complete and up to date geological database to facilitate efficient prospect evaluation
Additional responsibilities are:
- Lead, participate and support team in managing the asset including regular communication, team meetings, work planning, opportunity prioritization, etc.
- Engage, liaise and coordinate specialist consultants, (e.g. petrophysicist, sedimentologist, geophysicist) as required.
- Document work with appropriate maps such as isopachs, reservoir property, play risk, cross sections, Geomodels etc. Provide audit trail for all maps, prospect and pool studies, including data sources, risk maps & evidence, reservoir properties parameters and any other pertinent information.
- Working on new countries or prospects as required for opportunity assessment and potential acquisitions.
- Providing geological input to team for year-end reserve & resources bookings
- Understand Winningsplan requirements/ technical content and provide technical information for new submission in order to contribute to timely secure field development/ appraisal plans in accordance to the business unit growth plans
- Support other business units as required (participation in Peer Reviews, mentoring of junior staff, data management)
Successful candidate will hold Geology or other relevant degree, preferably to MSc level, have a minimum of 8 years of international experience in conventional petroleum exploitation and development and performed a wide variety of geological evaluations, from play map generation, successful prospect generation to static geo-model build.
Experience in operation geology and ability to speak Dutch would be considered an asset.
It is expected that the following are required in order to achieve the Primary responsibilities:
- Understanding the regional geology of the Netherlands including drilling and production history.
- Develop complete knowledge of the lithology, structure, porosity, net pay and hydrocarbon/water saturation of all productive zones in the assigned area by the use of well logs, drillstem tests, core analyses, seismic data, drilling history and understanding of production history.
- Ability to work within an integrated team to recommend drilling locations, especially in close cooperation with the geophysicist and drilling engineers to recommend specific target locations and well design
- Using Petrel & Kingdom modeling software, or others as required, in order to construct relevant reservoir/ seal isopach maps, cross sections for prospect analysis and build structural/ reservoir geomodels, input to dynamic reservoir models as required.
- Using REP exploration prospect evaluation software
- Working with partners to plan technical recommendations on joint lands.
- Giving geological presentations to and liaising with management, partners and regulatory organization as required.
Outstanding People. Outstanding Opportunities.
For more information about Vermilion Energy, please visit our website at www.vermilionenergy.nl or go to our Vermilion Energy LinkedIn page.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please send your CV and motivational letter via our online application form. For more details, please call Sophia Ruiter on 0517 – 493 327 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Close Date: till suitable candidate found