Sabic located in Bergen op Zoom has a vacancy for a
Static Equipment Engineer
Department In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets The Technical Department is the center of expertise for Engineering at the Bergen op Zoom site of SABIC. It delivers expert knowledge to all facilities with a focus on the chemical and compounding plants. The organization of the Technical Department consists of multiple subgroups: Process Engineering, Asset Engineering, Process Control, Inspection & Compliance, Process Safety Management, Quality Assurance, Project Development & Control and Energy & Sustainability. The Asset Engineering team is responsible for e.g. the design of the asset, the asset life plan, the operating window, continuous reviewing of the asset performance and the subsequent feedback to Operations and Maintenance. Within Technical, the Asset Engineering Department consists of 5 disciplines: Static, Rotating, Instrumentation, Electrical and Asset Performance. For our Asset Engineering team we are looking for an enthusiastic and result driven Static Equipment Engineer.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Monitoring static assets performance, predict equipment failures & proactively address through effective equipment strategy.
- Carry out investigations and failure analysis to pinpoint the failure & develop suitable recommendations that will ensure optimum level of integrity.
- Perform technical studies & coordinate with the Inspection department as well as Operations and Maintenance related to any unexpected failure/breakdown of static equipment.
- Get familiar / involved with development, review and update of static equipment integrity strategy like RBI and RCM or any other methodology followed by the department
- Turnaround scope review & support during execution for all static equipment. Ensure immediate technical support with recommendation related to any unexpected findings during Turnaround execution period.
- Technical evaluation on projects by ensuring potential corrosion / materials issues are addressed with an appropriate balance of technical and business requirements.
- Implement Best Practices, Technical Alerts and SABIC Manufacturing Standards for static equipment
- RBI assessment (new / review) team as team member and PM & review PM strategy for static equipment in alignment with Inspection department
- Lead and/or participate in CDP preparation as team member
- Participate in or utilize virtual domains supports on particular special topic / subject related to static equipment as required
- Participate in a team or workshops; like RCA, RCM, PHA, MOC Committee etc.
- Develop multiyear asset replacement investment plans for static equipment.
- Bachelor or Master Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of reliability, maintenance and/or engineering experience in oil & gas, petrochemical and/or energy production industry.
- Ability to speak both Dutch and English with high proficiency level
- Strong knowledge in integrity analysis tools and methodologies for static equipment.
- Knowledge in international codes & standards especially on advanced technology, corrosion & metallurgy is preferred
- Knowledge on welding, material, corrosion & damage mechanism in petrochemical industries.
- Risk based analytical mindset and experience in facilitation and chairing of multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Practical experience/knowledge of SAP and MS Office systems.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, e.g. with regards to change and stakeholder management: able to efficiently introduce new reliability concepts, to strive for change and to effectively communicate to multiple levels and disciplines within the organization.
- Flexible and pragmatic approach in order to realize company’s targets
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better. SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”. In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers
Further Information For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, tel +31(0)646103085. Apply If interested , please respond before the closing date of: august 19th via our online application page. Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered