Supplier Quality Development Engineer - New Product Introduction
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Functional Area: Design Engineering Mechanical Engineering Quality
Background: Mechanics Mechatronics Electronics
Are you experienced in proactively managing your technical suppliers? Do you understand the product design of high tech machinery? Would you be the linking pin between our suppliers and our Development & Engineering (D&E) teams? Do you have ownership to make sure that our suppliers deliver the right quality and quantity on time? Would you like to further develop your result driven approach and your excellent stakeholder management skills? Experience with Design for Six Sigma and SPC is a plus.
ASML supports the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. ASML creates lithographic systems that the semiconductor industry needs to achieve these goals. This can only be accomplished with a strong cooperation with ASML’s suppliers.
As a Supplier Quality Development Engineer within Development & Engineering you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment.
The SQDE maintains and develops the relation with the suppliers with the purpose to create an optimal engineering collaboration between the suppliers and ASML. Using your personal skills, you will work closely together with the suppliers & ASML development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of this cross-sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of parts delivered by our suppliers.
Within the D&E organization, the SQE is the primary responsible, from early supplier involvement until the product design and supplier process is mature enough to be released for volume. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking, political antenna and excellent people skills, you work closely with suppliers to build up intimate knowledge of their Intellectual Property (IP) and technological capabilities.
The main responsibilities are:
- Coordinating role with respect to all SQDE activities and deliverables including other SQDE colleagues) within the allocated project.
- New product introduction (NPI) and supplier selection.
- Early supplier involvement in the D&E project to secure that technology expertise of ASML and supplier are merged in the best way.
- Document the D&E project collaboration, including supplier & ASML responsibilities and roles via a Statement of Work (SoW).
- Ensure that parts quality, manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase, including implementation of lessons learned.
- Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits.
Deliverables that secure parts quality from suppliers in the ASML product generation process, such as:
- Acceptance of the specification and/or design
- Complete & detailed parts qualification process
- Acceptance of qualified parts
- Process flow and Process failure mode effect analysis
- First article inspection
Define and maintain supplier interface processes, such as:
- Issue resolution
- Qualification deviation
- Configuration & change management
- ASML factory disturbances
The SQDE is part of the D&E project team and, therefore, interfaces with project leaders, design engineers, architects, manufacturing & customer support engineers, logistics and procurement.
Bachelor or Masters degree in physics / optics, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electronics, chemistry or related.
At least 5 years's of broad experience in high-tech industry, and complex modules, with a focus on supplier quality management, or part quality or project management in engineering. We encourage candidates with experience with Quality systems and – methods to apply for this vacancy (preferably Six Sigma Green or Black Belt) as well as candidates with experience in engineering towards production processes.
The following personal skills are crucial for a successful execution:
- Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority.
- Strong networking and negotiating skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions.
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive.
- Flexible, result driven and committed.
- Team player
- Process oriented
- Fluent in English
Context of the position
Within ASML, D&E is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification and trade-offs across sectors.
The department supplies resources, means and methods and technology to ensure the parts quality in all product phases. The SQDE interfaces with suppliers, project leads development, Customer Support, Manufacturing, Engineers and Procurement.
Depending on the supplier and project this position might require frequent travelling.
Candidates will be screened from a Supplier Quality perspective. In a later stage in the process we will define the exact department and the best fit for the specific position/role.
Please apply by using this link.
Agency calls are not appreciated